Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M600 on Jalopnik

Fyi, that blue carbon car (blue added to the resin) is coming to the USA. I spoke with James at the Lotus/Noble dealership in the UK and he informed me of this. He did not know where in the U.S. though. My hope is in North Carolina! Good luck with that...
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

I wonder how well the M600s are selling. They've got impossible competition going up against the F458 and 12C.
    Ferrari 308GTSi.
    Lotus Elise, SY, SCCA T2 legal.
    Noble M400, 515bhp.

Love it. I think the M600 is different enough from the 458 and the MP4 to not necessarily be a direct competitor. With the M600 you get a car that offers greater driver involvement at the expense of refinement. The M600 should be considerably faster although much more difficult for an average driver to extract its performance. If they sold them in the US I'd be compelled to pick one up.
    '12 McLaren MP4-12C
    '11 Ferrari 458 Italia Heffner Twin Turbo
    '11 Porsche Panamera Turbo
    '09 Heffner/Audi R8 4.2 Twin Turbo
    '11 Ultima GTR Twin Turbo 850 (Build in Progress)
    '05 Lotus Elise Honda K24 Turbo (Build in Progress)
    ------------------------
    '09 Rossion Q1 (Sold)
    '06 Noble M400 (Sold)
    '08 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder Heffner Twin Turbo (Sold)

I totally agree! I am just worried that too many people think they have the skill to drive one and end up killing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ecohen2 View Post
    I totally agree! I am just worried that too many people think they have the skill to drive one and end up killing themselves.
    I would probably fall in that category but what the hell, I love that car enough to not care.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGallardo View Post
    Love it. If they sold them in the US I'd be compelled to pick one up.
    I wonder if you could arrange a separate rolling chassis/engine-transaxle purchase, similar to the Noble system of import. I understand it was done with some of the early Nissans, before they began selling them here.

I just hope they don't all get sold to people like this: http://jalopnik.com/5879527/did-a-do...illion-zonda-f

So, what's the latest on the M600? To expose my Noble ignorance.....Are the M600s in production? Last night I finished a Noble book my wife gave me for Christmas. It ended with Lee walking away from Noble to begin his Fenix project before the 1st production M600 rolled out.
    Also, what happened with Fenix?
    While reading the book, the impression that I formed of Lee Noble was that he was a very driven car design genius (or near genius) but was probably a little lacking in day to day business skills. He seemed to put all of his energy into designing & engineering a fantastic car that could be produced at a reasonable cost, but, when it came time for a car to go into production, he was already moving on to his next concept.

They just had the M600 on Top Gear again so it's definitely getting some press. I believe it was episode 2 of season 18.