Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M600 on Jalopnik

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    They just had the M600 on Top Gear again so it's definitely getting some press. I believe it was episode 2 of season 18.
    Has the new season started in the U.S.? I read not until April.

Also, I watched Top Gear America last night and in the intro montage they quickly show the M600 drifting. I had to rewind and pause to be sure. So I guess they will do a piece on it sometime this season.
    Over 3000lbs=boring. 0-60 over 4 seconds=boring. Under 1g=boring. Noble, not boring.

I was referring to Top Gear UK which is currently airing overseas. I didn't even know the Top Gear US was back or even coming back. That show totally let me down with no focus on anything new or exotic and instead week after week it seemed of clunkers and challenges.

I agree. Top gear USA is lame. Perhaps it speaks to the greater American demographic though? They would do best to get rid of the NY Comedian/Negative Nancy guy though. I think an "every-day guy" perspective is fine, but you have to like, understand, and know cars at some level though.

I watched the truck test episode and rolled my eyes. They were pulling buildings apart or trying to out-do each other in silly challenges. I didn't like the idea. Just put a 12,000 pound trailer behind each one and send them up a hill. Have them drive the same trailer for 6 hour six hours each and record gas mileage. Complain about the quirks or hunting gears in the tranny or the too-tall overdrive.

On the flip-side, in the UK version all it seems they do to "test" cars outside of the Stig course is try to execute drifts around corners. This does not impress me and means nothing to me. >I< wouldn't be taking a BMW X5M to the track, so I'd rather know if it rides like a brick, can hold 10 concrete bags in the back without sagging to the ground, etc., etc.

I've actually had my eye on a CTS-V Wagon, and want to know what happens if I try to put anything heavy in the back. I am also slightly perplexed at the absolute terrible gas mileage. I wish the RS4 Avant would come to the US. Anyhow... I'm drifting off topic here.

Maybe I'm too practical and, again, not the right demographic? I just want something a lot like Fifth Gear or Top Gear in the UK, but well-executed here in the US. Top Gear USA isn't it.
    Last edited by linesplice; 02-25-2012 at 05:19 AM.
    Dustin

Just saw the Top Gear USA episode with the M600. What a great video. I need to catch the review on Top Gear UK.

The M600 is selling well and has just passed EU classification Openning a whole new market !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by linesplice View Post
    I've actually had my eye on a CTS-V Wagon, and want to know what happens if I try to put anything heavy in the back. I am also slightly perplexed at the absolute terrible gas mileage.
    550 hp or whatever and 4200 lbs goes a long way towards explaining the gas mileage. A buddy has one, loves it, says he'll never again make the mistake of turning off traction control. I'll have to ask him if he's tried to haul anything in the boot.

Edit: oops, he's got the sedan, not the wagon.
    Last edited by ZeroDown; 01-20-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDown View Post
    550 hp or whatever and 4200 lbs goes a long way towards explaining the gas mileage. A buddy has one, loves it, says he'll never again make the mistake of turning off traction control. I'll have to ask him if he's tried to haul anything in the boot.

Edit: oops, he's got the sedan, not the wagon.

I have accidentally turned the traction control off in the CTS-V Sedan in wet weather going about 65 - 70 mph and I was sick when this happened. All I can say, "What a Rush!!

Noblerine