Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stalling after hot

Quote Originally Posted by Zezinho View Post
    I´m wondering if everybody might be a little bit right here. Several years ago (2006-2007?) I participated in two Noble days, one at VIR and one at Autobahn (which I hosted), and there were Hoover tunes/exhausts in cars at both events, which were still overheating, albeit better than stock. Is it possible that there has been ongoing learning over the years, and that there is no such thing as a single "Hoover tune" but rather that the type of "Hoover tune" is dependent on when it was purchased? So, you could have both a tune that does overheat and another that does not overheat, both from Hoover?

And one small correction: Derek/Troy did also have a fair amount of race data, blew something like 8-9 engines, detailed post-race inspections, etc etc etc, as they developed that monster 630 whp/run-all-day engine of theirs. And that´s with Mr. Whitis driving who ain´t exactly gentle on the equipment.... So there is at least one other tuner out there -- Troy -- who has race data in their engine development. Seth might also beg to differ on this point, but I´m not certain if he has race data or just track data. Truthfully, not sure why the engine cares whether the driver was racing or tracking.... Maybe that in racing you might end up with significant time in a draft or on somebody´s ass through a series of corners and get dirty air to the engine, for example?
    anyone with any other info. on the green noble?

derek told me it was never repaired and all the other details, but i think it's tucked away somewhere at a shop in North Carolina. I did offer Derek our services to repair it.
    it had only a medium life and I knew about all the engines and transmissions that grenaded.

thank god, it hasn't happened to us yet, especially with all the consistent racing we do.
    Last edited by Hoover; 02-11-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Quote Originally Posted by Zezinho View Post
    Truthfully, not sure why the engine cares whether the driver was racing or tracking.... Maybe that in racing you might end up with significant time in a draft or on somebody´s ass through a series of corners and get dirty air to the engine, for example?
    i know the difference, did both of them!!!

i ran my street motor at 660whp on the track. That was just normal HPDE, but no racing and less consistency of track time. That lasted about 6 months. If we would have attempted to go into racing, my guess is 2 months, probably less.
    Factory Noble Software
    Noble M400 SCCA GT-1 Podium 2014

www.Noble-Speed.com

TurboHoses R&D
    Noble, Rossion and Lotus Performance
    http://www.turbohoses.com/Nobleperformance.htm

Hooverc@TurboHoses.com
    925-455-1066
    Livermore CA.

www.OriginSportsCars.com
    HVR & Origin N

Quote Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
    anyone with any other info. on the green noble?

derek told me it was never repaired and all the other details, but i think it's tucked away somewhere at a shop in North Carolina. I did offer Derek our services to repair it.
    it had only a medium life and I knew about all the engines and transmissions that grenaded.

thank god, it hasn't happened to us yet, especially with all the consistent racing we do.
    It crashed in July, 2008 and never saw the track again. It also never made an entire racing season on the same drivetrain like Grapeman did.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleTech View Post
    good point
    hot fuel
    stock map
    or
    new map with noise in the after start coolant temp maps?
    hummm!
    Hi Troy, I have this car now and indeed still doing the same. I think it is indeed the after start coolant temp map... What should I alter in this map to correct it ? it starts at 30.5%...reduce all values with 10% ? Regards Andy