Thread: Alternator suggestions

Default Alternator suggestions

Sorry if I'm asking something thatís archived somewhere in past posts, but my search skills donít seem to up to the task of ferreting it out. Since my two 8Ē Zirgos will be installed on my IC soon, Iím concerned about the alternator output and recall that this has been an issue. Any information on replacement suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mucho mahalo

The stock alternator should be able to handle two extra 8" Zirgos just fine. After installing them though, I'd measure the voltage at the fuel pump to make sure you're getting enough juice there.
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

I have 2 8" zirgos and a 9". All come on with ignition. My voltage is 14.0-14.2 with the engine running at idle.
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."
    Noble: 05 M12, M400 turbos, RPI water/oil cooling, RPI Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Brav
    I have 2 8" zirgos and a 9". All come on with ignition. My voltage is 14.0-14.2 with the engine running at idle.
    Is it the same thing with the system fully loaded (A/C and all of the lights on)? If so, that's good to know.

If you are pulling 14-14.2 with EVERYTHING on (HVAC, wipers, fans, stereo, electric razor, vibrator, game boy, dvd player, you know, everything...), you have enough power. You have to get the output of the alternator in amps, then figure the total amps draw from your electrical system.

That you are still getting 14 volts is good, as the battery is still collecting a charge. If it drops below 13.2 volts, you might need to take a look at the alternator, and maybe get one with more output.

As it is, everything should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by caccobra
    Is it the same thing with the system fully loaded (A/C and all of the lights on)? If so, that's good to know.
    From where my turbotimer tapped in, it showed 14.0-14.2v with every single thing running (2 spal fans, 2 zirgo fans, AC on full, xenon low & xenon high beams, stereo blasting, front radiator fans on). Alas, I had yet to install the vibrator or game boy.
    RacePrecision GotApex

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity." ~ Horace Mann

Default Thanks for the advice, all!!

I feel much better, now. Some prior posts had suggested it may be an issue, so I was a bit apprehensive.

Next question: What kind of vibrator is recommended for the Noble? (I only want one in the passenger seat, thank you. )

PS: I think this is one thing I won't request pictures to be posted of.