Thread: V 1.3 Software glitch?

Default V 1.3 Software glitch?

My idle became a bit flaky recently (maybe not unexpected since I have not touched it for over a year and 7k+ miles), so I hooked up the diagnostics program (V 1.3), did the "reset" step and got very good results. But then ran into a problem: although the display on my laptop seemed OK while the engine was warming up, the software "froze" a few seconds after turning on the A/C. Gauge readings were still displayed, but they did not change. Turning the A/C off, and an exit/re-start of the software did not help. The only way to "un-freeze" it was to shut the computer off completely (and the A/C). On re-start everything looked normal again.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any suggestions on what to try next?
    Last edited by Joel; 10-24-2006 at 07:50 PM.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS

I haven't had any problem like that, Joel and I've used it several times. Could the problem be with your computer? You might try uninstalling the program and then re-installing it? Did you have a good connection with the cable?

OK, Craig--I'll try that. Communication seems solid and the laptop is new and does not seem to have any problems with other software I use, so I'm pretty sure it's some kind of V 1.3 problem.
    Joel

'67 Lotus Elan S3 DHC (owned since 1970)
    '17 Ford Focus RS