Thread: AC Leaking "Need new O-ring?"

Default AC Leaking "Need new O-ring?"

I have a leak somewhere in the AC lines! Does anyone know if there is a common leak or are they all over the system. I am going to have it checked but was hoping to point a Ford tech in the right direction!

Mike

I can't tell you where, but I have seen multiple listings on the forum with A/C O-Ring replacements. I'm sure someone will chime in momentarily to let you know the "popular spots"...
    The Predator

"To Hear is to Doubt, To See is to Deceive, but to Feel is to Believe..."

There are large ones under the two connector pipes at the Compressor. There are also small ones at the receiver/dryer connections. Mine was leaking at the receiver/dryer, but most seem to be at the compressor. If they don't get installed exactly right they often leak. My tech thought the ones at my receiver dryer were actually too small to seal properly, so he put slightly larger ones in and it hasn't leaked since. Used to be an annual recharge until that was found.

P.S. Your system should have been charged with a dye in it. Look for a wet area around the connectors. Mine were dry at the compressor but kind of wet and caked with dirt around the receiver/dryer connections and that's what pointed us in the right direction.