Thread: Door Lock Chirp

Default Door Lock Chirp

Anyone succeed in muffling the door lock chirp? The car garners enough attention without electronicaly shouting about it. Flashing lights would suffice, failing that a tone only loud enough to hear when you're standing in the immediate vicinity.

I guess it's a pet peeve, but it really annoys me when cars use their primary horn blast simply to signal that the door's locking, especially in an underground garage. I could silence the chirp on my BMW via a specific series of key fob presses.

I'm tempted even if it means the alarm won't sound, we're inured to them anyway by virtue of the fact that 99.999% of the time it's the car owner fumbling their way in. Anyone ever heard of a car alarm sound stopping theivery in progress, since installations became pervasive?

if you refer to the alarm section in the owners manual it explains how to disarm the audiable feature as well as other features like auto lock when in motion etc...

Steve H

Quote Originally Posted by Noblola View Post
    Anyone succeed in muffling the door lock chirp? The car garners enough attention without electronicaly shouting about it. Flashing lights would suffice, failing that a tone only loud enough to hear when you're standing in the immediate vicinity.

I guess it's a pet peeve, but it really annoys me when cars use their primary horn blast simply to signal that the door's locking, especially in an underground garage. I could silence the chirp on my BMW via a specific series of key fob presses.

I'm tempted even if it means the alarm won't sound, we're inured to them anyway by virtue of the fact that 99.999% of the time it's the car owner fumbling their way in. Anyone ever heard of a car alarm sound stopping theivery in progress, since installations became pervasive?

Just did mine...check the owners forum here http://nobleforums.com/showthread.php?p=72708#post72708

Thanks Sumo and thanks for putting the word up, wordupmag!